Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The whole operation


So far I have only taken closeup photos of the pepper plants that I'm growing, so I thought I'd offer a photo of the entire growing area. [TIP: You can click any of the photos in my updates to view a larger image of that photo].

So, here's the setup: It's a growing tent that is five feet wide, five feet deep and six foot-four inches tall. Overhead is a 400 watt HPS (high pressure sodium) lamp with a 24 inch reflector. It is currently burning a 2200k GE Photosynthesis bulb.

If you look between the two buckets of peppers, you see an inverted reflector with a 42watt compact fluorescent bulb at 2500k color. The purpose of this inverted bulb is to get light to parts of the plant that receive less light from the overhead lamp due to the thick canopies of the plants.

I'm currently growing about 25% of what I am capable of growing in this space with the equipment that I have currently, but I've been waiting for some evidence of success before investing in germinating any new plants. I'm fairly convinced now that things are going well, so I'll probably start germinating some new seeds this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment