Saturday, October 3, 2009

Reservoirs Changed

With mature plants, I change the reservoirs weekly, usually on Saturday or Sunday. Today I changed 2 reservoirs: The Jalapeno plant, which has its own bucket, and the bucket containing the one Cayenne plant and two Pepperoncini plants.

I use Home Depot buckets for my containers. They are food-safe polypropylene and are very inexpensive. I keep several clean, empty buckets on hand to speed up the reservoir changes.

For water, I fill each clean bucket with four gallons of fresh water from the hose and place the full buckets inside the grow area overnight. This allows a lot of the chlorine in the city water to out-gas, as well as letting the water come up to the temperature of the grow area, reducing shock to the plants.

For nutrients, I use four teaspoons of General Hydroponics Maxi-Bloom or Maxi-Grow, depending on the plants' growth phase, and that's it! (Aside from pH adjustments)

No comments:

Post a Comment