Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My... barrel runneth over


It rained a bit more this afternoon and when I got home I found that the FIFTY-SEVEN gallon rain barrel had filled and was actually overflowing. Wow! The water is not looking much cleaner, however.

I think I will try to clean up the roof and gutters a bit and if I can capture some decently clear water I will daisy chain a second barrel. It looks like there will be plenty of water to save this fall and winter.

For now, I'll use this water to make bleach solution to clean out buckets before re-using them. I don't feel good about using this water to grow food, but I am happy to use it to make sanitizing solution.

I'll run outside with the meter tonight or tomorrow morning and collect pH and TDS readings on the rainwater, just out of curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment