Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Kool Blooms?


Almost every company that produces hydroponic nutrients has a blooming/ripening formula that is advertised to produce fruit with the most amazing size and concentrations of carbohydrates and essential oils. I've never used such a product but I must say the idea certainly is appealing. I don't want to go out of my way for tiny increases in crop size or quality, but I am willing to try one additional nutrient in my reservoirs, bringing me to total of three products.

Because I'm trying to operate strictly with dry nutrients and General Hydroponics does indeed offer Kool Bloom in a dry formula, I'm going to give it a try. It's an enhancement that you add to the nutrient reservoir when your plants are in the second reproductive stage, so right about now is the correct time for most of the pepper plants to start receiving this. I'll add it when I change out the reservoirs this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment