Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Early CO2 results

This afternoon I took the CO2 meter down to the growing area to see how much CO2 is available to my plants.

Due to an extra-short cable, I was only able to take CO2 readings from the spot where hot air is removed from the grow area by a fan. This reading showed CO2 levels at about 700PPM. I'm not sure whether the levels inside the actual grow area will be about the same, but I assume so. 700PPM doesn't give me much room for improvement, but I could still try something to get the level up around 1000.

I now have the CO2 meter connected to an old laptop computer and ready to do some data logging. I will place this arrangement into the grow area at 6:00AM tomorrow morning and log CO2 readings for 24 hours. After that I'll make a nice graph of the results and share them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment