Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Video Update: LED Lettuce week 2

I'm a little behind with this update, but here we go! Another week of timelapse video. Things are looking a little more conclusive this time.

A couple of things:

-You'll see quick strobe of the whole background now and then. These are times I was down in my garage doing something with the lights on.

-The baffle that was keeping each color of light contained on its side of the experiment fell down and flattened a couple of plants, but they recovered nicely.

-Some plants have fallen over on their own. This seems to happen at night. Sometimes they pop back up the next day, sometimes they stay down for a while.

-Neither set of plants appear to be as happy as they'd be under other light sources, but that side-by-side experiment is waiting for the results of this one.



3 comments:

  1. What a great experiment. Can't wait to see the blue LEDs face off against fluorescent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    This exp is something I have been looking for since some time. I have bought CREE XPG R4 Cool White for my planted aquarium and I am monitoring how plants respond to them....have a look here....http://picasaweb.google.com/sunrace/NewBeginning#5540170213452072162

    Are you planning for CREE XPG Test?

    ReplyDelete